Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Geometrics and Organics

Geometrics and Organics
Dyed and quilted Crepe De Chine and Habotai Silk
12 1/2" x 19"
No Frame: Wrap-around bound $125.00

This is something simple I just finished. I was trying to think of something to enter into an upcoming show called "A few of my favorite things" and was drawing a blank. Without a way of doing any realistic printing (besides ordering a screen online or doing phototransfers, or applique, which I'm not totally comfortable with yet) I cou'dn't think of anything to do. But I know that I generally love to use more organic shapes and designs, though when working on actual quilts, I generally stick to more geometric designs. So I thought a simple design mixing the two ideas within the foreground and background.
Detail of lower right corner:

No comments: